Friday, October 07, 2005

Google aggregator

Google has added reader.google.com to their list of services.  The interface for Googles' Reader is very similar to GMail and Google Groups, uses Ajax, labels, the ability to star an item, blog it, or gmail it.  I have all my feeds sorted into folders in NewsGator and when I imported them through an OPML file Reader took all the folder names and automatically made them labels.  I'm an avid user of NewsGator and I like seeing all of the articles for my feeds in one list.  That way all I have to do is scroll down and scan the items to see if anything is interesting.  With Reader I have to click the title of an article to see the article - a little annoying.

But it's not too bad - especially for it's first day in beta.

1 comment:

Brian said...

Its nice, but they missed one very obvious improvement. Support the gosh darn scroll wheel!