Saturday, October 22, 2005

Flock

Flock, a new browser based from Mozilla, has released a pre-beta version. After just a few minutes of looking at it the browser seems to be taking the best of what Firefox is and adding all the social services. Favorites can be integrated with Del.icio.us, clicking a toolbar button brings up a blog editor from which you can choose all the blog accounts that you have set up, and you can drop photos from flickr into your blog post via the blog editor interface.

The only down side so far is that I'm prompted with a login box for del.icio.us every time I open the browser. All I have to do is hit enter but that's a bit annoying.

The blogging thing is nice, has some nice features, but I'm not sure how useful it is since most blogging can be done via email now. A little GMailThis! toolbar bookmark works just fine. However, if you're going to post a lot of pictures in your blog the best way would be to load them into flickr then just drop the photos into your text in the Flock editor - very easy and very cool.

I'm sure I'm just scratching the surface with just a few minutes of looking at this but it could very well be my next browser.

Link

No comments: