Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Blogsome, WordPress, Blogger

I started using Blogger a while ago just for fun and have accumulated a certain set of requirements.  First I don't want to have to host it and it must be free.  Other than that there are 5 main items that I would like to have.  I've become accustomed to doing posts via email - have only used Bloggers editor a few times.  The template must be fully editable.  I don't need serious stats but I'd like to know approximately how many hits I'm getting.  I'd like to have the ability to set up other pages within the blog.  And finally I'd like to categorize all my wonderful, insightful, extremely knowledgeable and useful blog posts.

There are a ton of blog systems out there but I'm just looking at a few - Blogsome, WordPress, Blogger.  Here's the breakdown.

  Blogsome WordPress Blogger
EMail Yes - Must have pop3 account No Yes - Easy to setup
Template Yes No Yes
Stats Yes Yes No - but can do your own
Pages Yes Yes No
Categories Yes Yes No

Looks to me like it's time for a change.

No comments: