Saturday, October 22, 2005

A Beep in the Night

Here's a little break down.

~5:00am - BEEP!  Ugh, one of the smoke alarm batteries is dead.  But which one?  I stand in the hallway to listen for another beep but one doesn't come - I go to bed.

BEEP!  Looks like it's every 5 minutes, I note the time and lay back down.  4 minutes later I get up and stand in the hallway.  5 minutes go by and I walk back into the bedroom to look at the clock - BEEP!  #@$%!  Ok, so it's 10 minutes not 5.  I note the time and lay back down.

5 minutes later BEEP!  Alright, so it's 10 minutes, 5 minutes, 10 minutes.  Forget it, I think I know which one it is so I take that smoke alarm down by unplugging it from the house and removing the batteries (which required a trip downstairs for a screwdriver).  I set the alarm on the counter and walk away - BEEP!.  Stupid thing is still beeping with zero power.  I go out and stick it in the car.

10 minutes later BEEP!  Wrong alarm.  I take another one down and put it in the car as well (hearing a faint beep as I close the door).  I'm fairly positive I won't be hearing a beep again and can now get some sleep.

10 minutes later my son wakes up.

No comments: